An Introduction - Moongazing Moomer.

            Introduction - Moongazing Moomer


Hello everyone, I wanted to start this blog off with a proper introduction that allows me to share some stuff about myself whilst also explaining what this blog will be about. This'll be my first time writing about myself, as well as (attempting) to write semi-professionally for the first time in awhile, so please bare with me.


Who am I?

You can refer to me as Red, I'm a 21 years of age & Irish. I'm fluid, so any pronouns are accepted. Though I tend to go by She/Her a lot of the time. I'm currently interning within real estate & working towards immigrating into the United States (hopefully when things are tamer.)


What am I interested in?

My primary use of my free time is engaging with art, either that be film, television, animation, video games, graphic novels, music, or books. I love art, and it's a core part of me & my life. Evidently, I like writing a lot too - I'll get more into that later. I enjoy building model kits occasionally too, and I've begun to dabble in customization. I travel the world a lot, I've been to the United States for four months & got to travel a wide range of states, I've been to Japan, Germany, Canada, the Middle East, the UK, etc. Concerts & conventions are also a huge thing for me! I love going to concerts to see artists I absolutely adore live, I got to witness Magical Mirai during my time in Japan & I've been to multiple Hololive concerts as well as Ado Hibana in Chicago... as for conventions, OffKai Expo, TFCon, ANYC, and AX just to name a few of the ones I've been to that I adored. On that topic, I love idols & vtubers as well! I've been into them for quite awhile, and they've helped me through some dark periods in my life. To name specifics would take a long time, but in terms of idols, I'm really into Vocaloid stuff, Utauloid, Love Live, Bandori, Project Sekai, Utahime Dream, and more! Including a large amount of indie stuff. Regarding vtubers, I really like Hololive & indie talents primarily, though there's a few Phase Connect & Ninjsanji members I quite enjoy watching. I adore mecha/super robo, getting into specifics would take too long so I'll savor that for another blog post some other time, but stuff ranging from niche titles in the 1960s all the way to modern titles, are all my jam. I absolutely cherish my lovely big robots/mechs. I like superheroes quite a lot too! From major western IPs like Marvel & DC to stuff like Precure & Kamen Rider, but again, I'll save the itty bitty details for another time. I'm also very into gacha games! Those tend to be the live service titles I dump most of my time into these days, I'm particularly a fan of Zenless Zone Zero, Honkai Star Rail, Genshin Impact, Arknights Endfield, Wuthering Waves, Punishing Grey Raven, & Umamusume. I could continue to rave on about stuff I love, but I'd be here too long & this section has gotten chunky enough as is.


Why create this blog?

Its quite simple really, and links back to something I mentioned above. I wanted my own personalized space where I could write. I absolutely adore articulating my thoughts on the art I cherish, either that be a film, television show, etc. I also love articulating my thoughts on the art I loathe. Writing is fun! Either it be to deconstruct something negatively or write about how something deeply resonated with me. I've been doing it for awhile on major platforms such as Letterboxd & Serializd, but after a loss of motivation and taking a major break from writing for awhile, when I had decided I wanted to do it again, I realized I wanted my own personal space to do it in. I also would love to share my travels & hobbies on here, like the many trips, conventions, & concerts I do. Or my model kit journey, stuff like that also fits here.  As for the name, I'm particularly fond of the moon & I'm a huge fan of Nanashi Mumei, if that wasn't incredibly obvious. Whilst I'm unsure if Blogger will be the permanent home for my writing, I do know it'll act as my own little space for the time being - and I'm quite content with that.


Where else can you find me?

Twitter - @KinneyKinnie | Instagram - @TheDoveDoll

My activity on both platforms can be scarce, though I try to ensure I do one major Instagram post a month as a sort of blog-style post. I'll try to be more active on Twitter now that I intend to cross post.


Closing section:

To conclude, I appreciate any of you who opened this link, found my blog, and read through this at all - I hope anything I post here interests you even the tiniest bit. I hope to continue writing & remain consistent, though not *too* consistent as to avoid burnout. See you all shortly! Until next time.

- Red



Popular Posts